loudest glasspack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
Gimme your opinion on your favorite glasspack. Race Bullet, Cherrybomb, Thrush, Spintech, Summits new one? Let me know and why?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For a glasspack, my favorite is Cherry Bomb! Quite simply because they are the original glasspack guys, and the red finish holds up fantastic even through the harsh road conditions we see every winter here in Minnesota! And you can't beat the legendary sound!

As for what the "loudest" glasspack is, there's a lot of variables that come into play. But as a general rule of thumb for glasspacks, the shorter the case length; the louder it will be. (Eg. A 12" glasspack will be much louder then a 20" glasspack) And the larger the ID of the muffler, the deeper the sound will be. Eg. A 3" ID glasspack will have a deeper sound then a 2.5" glasspack, the 2.5" will have a raspier sound to it.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on my old lifted 78 k20 chevy i always ran 2.5'' duals with cherrybombs from meijer back when they had automotive stuff, haha. cant remember for sure on the length but they were the longest ones they had in 2.5''. that truck had a rowdy .060 over 396 with cyclone hedders and was the loudest daily driven truck ive had, they dumped out the side in front of the rear tires. my dad ran the blue walker continentals and they sounded and looked the same as the cherrybombs.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I got 2 3" Thrush glass packs put in about a week and a half ago i love it. Its not loud enough for me, but it will get louder over time and I understand that. It has that really old vintage rumble to it. The perforated holes make it much aggressive sounding than ribbed glass packs (like cherry bombs new glass packs). It sounds great IMO. If i had a video I would let yall hear it but I don't have access lol. After I did the intake resonator removal and added a new AI filter and removed the housing, it just amplified the sound and whistle. I will upload a video ASAP.

Attachments

• texas z71.gif
    texas z71.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 7