Loud Bang when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Update: brake pad was snapped and that's what was making the bang noise. Also it had turned out of place and was dragging which made the truck sluggish. The transmission thing was just a cover story. I talked to their manager and everything is right now.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
They had better be doing a lot of free stuff for you! That's BS! Blaming the Transmission for their cheap parts is wrong

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do understand that crap happens. I also understand that parts fail. I would NOT put up with a cover story that put anyone's life in danger. You do what is right for you but for me, I would be done with them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed with above ^^^ though I don't know if they actually put anyone in danger. Sounds more like the part failed and they fixed it, but came up with a cover story to gloss over it. Parts do fail. I've heard more than a few examples of brake pads coming unbonded from their backing. It's not even an issue of parts getting cheaper and crappier with time; it happened to an old g/f of mine over 20 years ago on her K5 Blazer. It was getting a bunch of front end work done at a trusted local shop. They suggested doing the brakes while it was apart, so we said sure. She picked it up and before she got home it was metal on metal due to one of the pads coming apart.

Back to the main point though, that's super lame of them lying to cover up what happened. Would not be using that shop again.

Richard

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
No reason to make up a cover story. "We checked it and one of the new brake pads was defective and had to be replaced". End of story.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Update: brake pad was snapped and that's what was making the bang noise. Also it had turned out of place and was dragging which made the truck sluggish. The transmission thing was just a cover story. I talked to their manager and everything is right now.

That sounds a little more like it.