Loud Bang when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just had my front brake pads replaced and today when coming to a somewhat hard stop there was a huge bang that came from front drivers side, it felt like I hit something (I didn't hit anything). Now when I brake it's very Jerky and it clicks. Taking it in this morning to the shop that fixed it but I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what would have caused this.

This isn't on a gmt400 it's on my canyon, but as far as I could tell the brake set up is very similar...

Wrong brake pads? Cracked caliper? Not leaking any brake fluid. Could it be bad abs? No abs or brake lights.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sounds like a caliper bolt came out.Had this happen on my step sons dodge 1500 when he would hit the brakes the caliper would move

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd lean more towards stuck caliper or one of the slider pins is sticking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it was either of those the pads would be dragging on rotor.The clicking noise and jerky feel would be something being loose.I would also check the lugs on the wheel and make sure those are all tight

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first time it was a huge bang, then afterwards it was slight bang and it would jerk when stopping. Now the fiancé says it's fairly jerky even while driving, and every time she brakes. It's heading to the shop right now, I got her to check the lug nuts and to pull the abs fuses to disable but it's still doing it

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is what I've heard thus far.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have used this shop a lot and I do trust them. Any one have any input? Why only when braking and never any other time? What's a good cost on a rebuild for a 4l60e or should I replace? Anything that should be upgraded at the same time?

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They just told me the fluid was down almost 2 litres but I just checked it yesterday before driving 4 hours and it was perfect at the cold fill line.