Loud Bang when braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I sent them a sharply worded email. I want to know what exactly they did. They told me they took it for a drive and we're able to reproduce the sounds and the jerking. They checked the fluid and it was low. They said they let the engine cool and filled it (1.5 litres low). They took it for a drive and it was fine. It was in the shop a total of 3 hours.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Low transmission fluid wont make it clunk when coming to a stop, accelerating is another story. The trans would need to build pressure to move, once the pressure built up it would slam into gear and go.

Like the others, I would bet they left a caliper bolt loose or even a loose wheel.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I called them on it in an email and am yet to receive a response. Everything you guys are saying about the calliper etc makes a lot more sense than the tranny. I'm not mechanic, but I know those symptoms couldn't be caused by low tranny fluid.

Thanks a lot for everyone's help

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They emailed me back this morning and said the mechanic would get in touch with me today. Curious to see what he comes up with.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
Putting him at ease and saying you're not mad, you just want to know what really happened might help get the truth out of him.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I'm really curious to hear what they did wrong. Loose bolt or something along those lines sounds most likely, and the low trans fluid made for a good excuse

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

He's obviously right about checking the trans fluid while the vehicle has been running for a little while, but I personally still have a difficult time blaming what you described on low trans fluid.....

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I agree. When you do get the chance to look at the truck, take a lug nut off and make sure there is no ovaling of the lug holes in the rim. Also check to see that thee is no scraping on the inside of the rim and on the rotor.