Lots of throttle + sand = glowing manifolds!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was out in the dunes last night with my 2wd 98 all aired down. I managed to get wedged in this precarious spot that was in a deep ravine between two dunes and a fence. After a lot of rev limiter and a handful of attempts I finally prevailed. I popped the hood to find two glowing red hot exhaust manifolds...pretty legit. The picture doesn't really do it justice. They were bright red!

You must be registered for see images

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Run on the beach and in and out of the waves. The combination of throttle+load from the sand+salt spray will turn damn near any exhaust manifold into a cherry! Fun times! I miss the dunes...

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Run on the beach and in and out of the waves. The combination of throttle+load from the sand+salt spray will turn damn near any exhaust manifold into a cherry! Fun times! I miss the dunes...

I definitely steer clear of the water. I figure I don't need to add insult to injury as far as thrashing my truck more than I already do!

Last edited: