looks like keys would actually work on my obs, why? you ask, come read....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I been wanting to crank my t-bars up ever since I found out about it, like last year and level mine out, or see what I could get out of it, lol not much.

I looked before I got started, the upper control arm was about 1/2 inch from the metal thing that comes out under the back tube of the upper a-arm, I guess this is the droop stop?

Well the PS bolt had about 3/4 inch or bolt between the head of the bolt and the key, 3-1/2 turns bottomed it out. So I went 3-1/2 on each side, since I couldn't go further on the PS, I don't think it lifted much if any, but now the control arms are about less then 1/4 inch from the metal tab under them, droop stop again I guess.

BUT, since my PS bolt is bottomed out, guess I can't go any higher, but I think if I had new t-bars or aftermarket keys I could get more, but not much since my control arms almost hit now sitting still. cv and steering angles look fine, haven't drove it yet to settle it down either. it may settle further down, if so then I could get more from new bars or aftermarket keys.

But I wonder if mine has been cranked up before? I had 265's on it when I got it and they cleared by 2-3 inches all around and were on stocker wheels. Here's pics with the old 265's... what do you think? was it cranked before or no?

You must be registered for see images attach

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
probably was and your bars are worn out and saggy. need new bars imo.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea at least, or aftermarket keys/ford keys or whatever to crank it up higher. it's ok for now, I don't think I'd get much anyways being almost on the bumpstops now, or droopstops whatever they are.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your goin 315's with a BL, crank, and blocks right?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Its your bars they simply can not handle the weight. If you get aftermarket keys your bars will still be shot.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol I wasn't planning on doing keys anyways. But if I did change to aftermarket or ford keys would they even raise it? I figured being 88 they'd be worn.

where you guys buying new bars at and how much? I think I seen em in lmc but were outrageous, but you can use 3/4's on a 1/2 ton? maybe I can find some cheap at a scrap yard?

As for 315's yea one day when I get rich, then I plan to try em on stock wheels for now and see if they clear, if not then body lift, and maybe later blocks and crank the front higher, all depends on if I clear them or not.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe I did gain some afterall, I went back on fsc and found my old post, I had 35-35-1/4 up front and back, with low tires in back and air shocks not aired up, now I got 37 all around so maybe I did gain about 1 inch or more. I know the front is gonna settle down once I drive some, but maybe it did gain a bit which is good.

I still figure the bars are gone, I know they can't be as good as stock, I bet I'd gain another 2 inches or so if I had no bars, but then I'd be bottomed out forsure. I think unless it settles alot, I'm good with where it is, it's not hitting the stop constantly. That's good for me for sure.

The droop stop is the flat metal area under the backside of the upper control arm right? or is it the rubber bumper that's midways and would hit the lower control arm?