Looks like a decent truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something is off.

A truck like that with say...140,000 on it would go for that.

But he has a new engine in it, and a rebuilt trans....that's around $5K there. Doesn't add up.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah but he also didnt state what year it is......and if it even has a clean title.......9/10 times i see a clean obs for cheap its cause its a salvage title....but who knows

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it would be a great starting point for gears and a SAS swap. If the drivetrain is solid..... I would buy it if I didnt already have my truck.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can still title a car in your name if it is a salvage title, correct? It's just....come time to sell, no one wants to touch it. Right?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You can still title a car in your name if it is a salvage title, correct? It's just....come time to sell, no one wants to touch it. Right?

I think that's how it used to be, but I don't think it's that way any more.

For example, insurance is still trying like anything to total my truck. They're saying it's $4600 to basically replace the drivers fender, grille, bumper, repair the hood, and repaint it (with some other stuff). There's no frame damage. If it's well documented, a salvage title can be a good buy, just need to check it out, because it used to mean frame damage, now it just means bodywork on an old vehicle. At $80/hr (what most shops charge), it adds up quick.

But yes, a salvage title vehicle just requires a simple safety inspection by DMV. You can never get rid of a salvage title, though.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my truck has a salvage title and it doesn't mean anything, just a simple title transfer like anything else, BUT ONLY IF the PO has had the vehicle inspected and salvage title issued.

My uncle the PO of mine owned it with a reg. title, got hit, totaled, only bent the fender, core support and hood, tweaked the frame horn a tad, nothing bad, but he got a salvage title reissued. This was after the total, repaired it, had them check it out and THEN they issue the salvage title. So if that's already got a recon. title, should be fine, they never made us have any type of further inspection when we transferred it into our name.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought a salvage title truck.....i bought it for parts......it was more trouble then what it was worth .....had to take it to a inspection shop to get a brake and headlight inspection.....they went through it with a fine tooth comb and failed me cause the rear axle seal was leaking a little bit...and the guy said if that gear oil get on the brakes it can cause me to wreck during a hard stop.....lol then had to get it inspected also at a chp station to check for v.i.n numbers.....then the chp officer was giving us crap cause the vin sticker in the glove box was missing.....which is really common for these trucks....then dmv had to inspect it as well.....honestly i wouldnt buy a salvage vehicle ever again.....its not worth the drama in my opinion....i ended up just strippin the parts i wanted....and giving the truck away

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I guess it also all just depends where you live too

Sent from my static android