Looking for New Built Tranny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denton

Reaction score
I'm having some slips and knocks coming from my tranny and I was planning on buying a new built one, rated for high horse like 500 or so (way more than my truck makes) so I can use it heavily, but I don't know which ones are the best transmissions and I was wondering if anyone has one that works well.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I'm having some slips and knocks coming from my tranny and I was planning on buying a new built one, rated for high horse like 500 or so (way more than my truck makes) so I can use it heavily, but I don't know which ones are the best transmissions and I was wondering if anyone has one that works well.
Ive had good luck with my monster so far but the general opinion of them seems to be theyre a time bomb. I cant speak for other brands. I would either

A: find a reputable transmission builder in your area and have them rebuild your transmission with upgraded internals.

B: swap to a 4l80e and never worry about it again, although it requires extensive modification.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2 on finding a local builder. Don't buy pre-built from any of these online companies, go actually talk to someone about your goals for the truck and how you want it to behave. You'll be much better off.

nicklatech

cummins in a chevy
Reaction score
X2 on finding a local builder. Don't buy pre-built from any of these online companies, go actually talk to someone about your goals for the truck and how you want it to behave. You'll be much better off.

i wish i would have purchased locally, but i did the ebay/online dealer. he sent me the wrong version 4l80e . anyway, that wouldnt have happened locally or at least they would have had to a fix it. the transmission has been perfect, but it was a hassle trying to find a 4l80e van at the junkyard for the tail shaft.

camaroman101

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just bought one from (local to me) FLT, finish line transmissions. Their LV 3 4l60e, not sure what hp its rated for, but it costs 1700.

Terrick down Under

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, Ask around first before you hand over your business to anyone. Just ask them to write down exactly what you will be getting, including parts!!