Long tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thorley once offered tri-ys for these trucks as well. I put a set on a 2 door 4x4 Tahoe. The nice thing on those is they shipped them with head pipes that connected to the OE exhaust. Cut the OE pipe and clamp the new head pipes in place. Sadly they will no longer build them.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thorley once offered tri-ys for these trucks as well. I put a set on a 2 door 4x4 Tahoe. The nice thing on those is they shipped them with head pipes that connected to the OE exhaust. Cut the OE pipe and clamp the new head pipes in place. Sadly they will no longer build them.
Tri Y would have been really good as they offer great torque. I have a set of tri Y turbo headers in my Buick. I use Remflex gaskets, they are great as well.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tri Y would have been really good as they offer great torque. I have a set of tri Y turbo headers in my Buick. I use Remflex gaskets, they are great as well.
I tried the Remflex, did not have good luck. Went back to OE vortec gaskets. I have Thorley tri-ys on the 97 Express I put on it about 10 years ago. Really woke the old 350 up.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I find with the Remflex you can only torque them to about 20 foot pounds, much more will crush them and ruin them. The graphite has a rebound which keeps the bolts right so no need to re torque ever.

Aqua-pig

Reaction score
Hooker sport comps direct fit, no modification required- other than the rest of the exhaust and that’s the point right? Don’t have a part number on me but they weren’t hard to find. I had to pull the passenger side motor mount and “roll” the engine towards the driver side to give you the fraction of an inch of clearance you need to slide them in place. Not the best pics but “proof” that it’s been done. I went with 1 3/4” primaries 3” collectors, built my own Y pipe and muffler and single outlet like stock. Looks great and sounds amazing throaty no cackle makes you feel like your guts are going to drop out the seat of your pants. Not the best pictures but gets the point across. Nice pickup by the way. I’m a sucker for that color combo.

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpeg
    IMG_0612.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0635.jpeg
    IMG_0635.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 25

Lou32

Reaction score
Completely false statement. I have a pair of JBA 6830SJS long tubes on my '94 K1500. I had to tweak the transmission shift linkage with a small bend to provide adequate clearance but they are otherwise a breeze to install. Yes, you will need to fab a new exhuast system so if you're looking for plug and play then short tubes are they way to go.
I like the comment dude went on about being custom fabrication to bend shift linkage. lol. And anyone that has ever heard of headers knows custom exhaust work is needed. But, luckily there are those among us who have fabricated for years to remind us.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hooker sport comps direct fit, no modification required- other than the rest of the exhaust and that’s the point right? Don’t have a part number on me but they weren’t hard to find. I had to pull the passenger side motor mount and “roll” the engine towards the driver side to give you the fraction of an inch of clearance you need to slide them in place. Not the best pics but “proof” that it’s been done. I went with 1 3/4” primaries 3” collectors, built my own Y pipe and muffler and single outlet like stock. Looks great and sounds amazing throaty no cackle makes you feel like your guts are going to drop out the seat of your pants. Not the best pictures but gets the point across. Nice pickup by the way. I’m a sucker for that color combo.
That looks like a tbi truck? What are you running that intake setup with computer wise?