Long tubes on my vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been searchin I know what's out there but I'm just wondering what you guys think about 2.5 inch off the collectors y piped into a 3 inch to a single in dual out 40 series will that work for my 350 and sounds good and be beneficial with my long tubes

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
A "Y" pipe after the headers kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?
Run 2.5" duals all the way back. An "H" or "X" pipe would help.

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So just run 2.5 duals all the way out?

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
No no no.... 2.5" back into a single 3" is perfectly fine... hell its what I've always ran. The main goal in exhaust is high flow, with just enough back pressure and both sides of the exhaust/engine being balanced...hince why people run a y pipe into a single pipe or add an x or h pipe while running duels... you don't want one side of the engine to flow smoother than the other, running a y into a single with make a scavenging effect and balance out the weaker side as will a x or h... for the money and performance gains, I've always preferred a y pipe into a single... even on my old 700 rwhp Lightning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

chevyman("

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's what I've always thought thanks you! Lol in gobna run 2.5 into 3 with a custom y pipe :p