Long tube headers & dipstick tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After many failed attempts and 2 broken oil dipstick tubes, I was unable to successfully reinstall the oil dipstick tube with the longtube installed. I ended up removing the header to reinstall the factory dipstick tube and now I'm wondering if I'm going to have issues reinstalling the header as the header will only install from under the truck and the tube will likely be in the way(reason I removed it in the first place) anyone have any tips/tricks to make this install easier?

Thanks,
Eric

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I had no issues bending my OEM dipstick tube to adjust for my headers. Use something with a large radius, and make multiple, small bends to get your total bend. If you're worried about snapping the oem tube, just use a heat gun, or blow torch, and heat it up first.

Ckeene

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I second the lokar dipstick , used one myself on a camaro with a dip stick problem.

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. The OEM replacement literally "fell" into place once the header was removed. Bent the tube down slightly to clear the header. So far so good. Hoping to finish up install tomorrow. Can't wait to fire it up. Has almost been a month