LMC vs NPD vs Classic Industries Body and Patch Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin Foxwell

Reaction score
Im trying to price out body panels and metal to see if I can afford to fix the rust on my truck. I have found that LMC is really expensive, whereas NPD is pretty resonable and I live around the corner from one of their warehouses. I have a 98 k1500 ext cab w/ 3rd door. I need lower door panels (lh and rh inner and outer, rh rear outer), rockers (lh and rh inner and outer), cab corners (lh and rh inner and outer), and fenders (lh and rh inner and outer). Those who have done body work on the late 90's GMT400 ext cab trucks, who did you get your metal from? Was it OEM quality or cheap tin foil? Also those with the third door, what did you do for the rockers? It seems like i have to buy std cab inners and outers for the front half, then cut them and weld them to the ext cab rh inner and outer rocker. Am I wrong, or is this what needs to be done? I cant find one piece rh ext cab rockers front to back. I live in Michigan, so I dont want tin foil on my truck. But, I dont want to spend a lot of $$$. Currently im at $967.00 LMC and $894.16 NPD (catalog and ship to house, $796.16 store pickup).

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm a body guy and painter by trade,and am currently working on a side job. Which is a dodge ram that cab corners and rocker panels were bought from lmc. And all the patch panels i have purchased over the years, lmc seems to have the beat ones so far. Remember you pay for the quality you get. Lmc does have the outer rocker panel with the 3rd door, just can't remember if the inner rocker panel is all in one piece or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Devin Foxwell

Reaction score
I'm a body guy and painter by trade,and am currently working on a side job. Which is a dodge ram that cab corners and rocker panels were bought from lmc. And all the patch panels i have purchased over the years, lmc seems to have the beat ones so far. Remember you pay for the quality you get. Lmc does have the outer rocker panel with the 3rd door, just can't remember if the inner rocker panel is all in one piece or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Alright, ive found the third door outer rocker, but it appears to only be half of the outer rocker. Maybe the picture is just shortened or cutoff to save room. However, thanks for the info

PolyMatt

Reaction score
Detailed Parts Catalog? Years ago I had a paper copy of a parts catalog that I “think” was produced for auto body shops. Basically had part numbers for everything from small components all the way down to the frame itself. Anyone come across such a thing?