Little shop mfg rear disc installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
I literally just did this disc conversion from LSMFG on my 99 Yukon SLT. Everything fit great, no issues whatsoever.... Except my drivers side parking brake cable is too short. Passenger side is long enough.

I went the cut off of the backing plate method. Still have to bleed the brakes tomorrow along with master cylinder upgrade. I swapped out the front rotors yesterday.

I have attached a couple pics.... Very pleased with the results. I just have to figure out what to do about the short drivers side parking brake line now....

Any insight or suggestions would definitely be helpful and appreciated....

Next to last pic is from a few months ago....
See my thread for more in-depth detail. Scroll down to step 23-24 of the first post: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/so-y...-kit-heres-my-02-tips-and-tricks-guide.49226/ .

Contact Little Shop for expert park brake cable guidance?
My guess is they'll send a link to their $200 parking brake cables :Big Laugh:. No thanks.

Northpole1

Reaction score
Contact Little Shop for expert park brake cable guidance?
I already did. I got the same response as Curt. Will definitely look into the route he took as well.

Again, driver side is short passenger is good. Will post pics when everything is complete. Decided to run new brake lines from the T on rear axle as I found a small crack in the line to passenger side....

Better I found out now than back on the road.

Northpole1

Reaction score
LSMSG kit done for now. Still have to get a longer parking brake cable for drivers side.

Installed:

1.25" Front slotted/cross drilled rotors *HD chassis*

New front caliper on passenger side. *damn bleeder screw decided it wanted to become a permanent part of the caliper despite my best efforts to set it free*

Rear slotted/cross drilled rotors.

Brake lines for rear.
Discovered a small crack in passenger side brake line along the axle. Ordered both sides and replaced them. Made up a new set to get me around until proper set arrived.

PB calipers. I used my angle grinder and cut off the rear drum backing plate.

Installed new later gen MC from LSMFG.

My opinion based on my results.

I used the old school primarily 1 man brake bleeding method- a 20oz soda bottle, drilled 2 holes in cap, 1 for 3/16" clear line, the other very small to serve as a vent.... A little over a 3rd full of fresh brake fluid. Attach clear line to bleeder screw tip with the line all the way to the bottom of soda bottle,completely submerged in the fluid.

Brakes bled just fine at all 4 corners.

Pedal feel is far and away better than before. If I had to give it a percentage, I'd say at least 40-45% firmer. Much more positive feel. Better stopping distances based on how I drive my truck. Grab from the calipers is instant and again, feedback is very positive.

Fitment is very good IMO. The only issue I had is the parking brake cable on drivers side. It will be resolved shortly.

They look ******' dope. Period.

Downside.... There is no easy way to get a project like this done. Whether pulling both axles or cut off method, it is definitely a project. Be prepared to spend some time and have a methodology along with the right tools.

IIssues may come up. Parts may have to be replaced, etc.

Overall.... for me, glad I took the time because the results though not perfect, were well worth that time and effort.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_20220710_133755939_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220710_133755939_HDR.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pedal feel is far and away better than before. If I had to give it a percentage, I'd say at least 40-45% firmer. Much more positive feel. Better stopping distances based on how I drive my truck
Are you saying this gives you superior braking compared to the OE set-up? Or 40-45% better than what your brakes condition was at?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! For the record, a Little Shop rep recently chimed in on forum and said their system aside from looks and ease of service provided no additional braking power. Another vendor, Cunningham Machine also a forum member, also stated the same results for their 10” disc kit. Those are the reviews from the manufacturers themselves, not mine.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pedal feel is far and away better than before. If I had to give it a percentage, I'd say at least 40-45% firmer. Much more positive feel. Better stopping distances based on how I drive my truck. Grab from the calipers is instant and again, feedback is very positive.
The pedal is firmer because the master cylinder bore is larger. Nothin' magic about that--it's just how hydraulics work.

They look ******' dope. Period.
Oh, man. I couldn't have said it better. But it's not something I'd be advertising.

Got a photo of the "PB" calipers, and how they mount to the axle?

Over standard system
Hard to say, since your standard system probably wasn't working properly--especially with cracked hydraulic tubing.

Northpole1

Reaction score
The pedal is firmer because the master cylinder bore is larger. Nothin' magic about that--it's just how hydraulics work.

Oh, man. I couldn't have said it better. But it's not something I'd be advertising.

Got a photo of the "PB" calipers, and how they mount to the axle?

Hard to say, since your standard system probably wasn't working properly--especially with cracked hydraulic tubing.
Firmer pedal is exactly what I wanted.... and the 'grab' from the brakes is palpable. Not advertisin' at all.... Givin' my 2 based upon my results. I am well aware of how hydraulics work. Thanks tho.

Did not get a photo of the actual bracket.

My standard system worked fine.... Just time for a change.

As with anything, every1 has an opinion.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, "PB Calipers" is a whole brand name of all sorts of different styles of caliper, with the company based out of Communist China.

I was hoping that the calipers you chose were different from the typical conversion-kit GM-Delco units in the way that they mounted.

GM-Delco (and others) do make calipers that would work well for rear disc conversions, but the "Kit" companies don't tend to select them. They go for the cheapies, and then disregard proper mounting practices.