Little shop mfg rear disc installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@90halfton Just installed my LSMFG brake kit, but stuck on the bleeding process. In the instructions they mentioned having the bleeder screw parallel to the ground but I'd have to lift the front of my truck 6.25 feet to achieve that. Is there a way to bleed the brakes off the bracket, or would using a power bleeder help? How did you go about bleeding all the air out of your brakes?

EDIT: Apparently the instructions were for a different brake kit, according to Skyler (a rep for LSMFG). I somehow have to get my bleeder valves to the 12 o'clock position instead of parallel to the ground. Currently the driver's side one is at 10 o' clock and the passenger one is at 2 o' clock. Going to have to brainstorm a way to properly bleed my brakes.
That is the same thing skyler wrote me as well. Unbolt the caliper and move it til the bleeder is at 12 oclock. Bungee cord and ingenuity are your friends lol. Leave the caliper on the disc. But at a different degree. Remove the bracket that holds up the caliper too, makes it easier.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
That is the same thing skyler wrote me as well. Unbolt the caliper and move it til the bleeder is at 12 oclock. Bungee cord and ingenuity are your friends lol. Leave the caliper on the disc. But at a different degree. Remove the bracket that holds up the caliper too, makes it easier.

I’ll have to give that a shot, thanks. I’m fabbing up a piece of aluminum to put in between the pads to act as a filler so I can remove the caliper from the bracket and leave it on a crate. Sounds confusing but I’ll take pics when I do it. Will update next weekend when I go to bleed the brakes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How does the parking brake work? I've heard of issues with the kit. Tempted to order, but I need a working e brake for inspection.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Used this method for adjusting the park brakes. Like setting the park brake on a peterbilt now

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the Little Shop rear conversion about 6 mo ago with the parking brake option also. I wasn't brave enough to tackle it myself thou because I also had their new master cylinder installed. Since I had already removed the RWAL some time earlier we left it off.
It turned out well IMHO, it still doesn't stop like a set of BIG BRAKES would but then it didn't cost the moon either, works well, Im happy with them. I set the parking brake as suggested to have them self adjust, it holds but as stated I wouldn't trust it solely, my truck has a nasty habit of high idle and it will move it in reverse.
The other day I had the experience of having to stop rather rapidly and they did quite well. So my review is they make a nice kit and you don't have to pull the axles either
Bobby V

You must be registered for see images attach

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
I’ll have to give that a shot, thanks. I’m fabbing up a piece of aluminum to put in between the pads to act as a filler so I can remove the caliper from the bracket and leave it on a crate. Sounds confusing but I’ll take pics when I do it. Will update next weekend when I go to bleed the brakes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, well the weekend came and went...

After a new MC out of a GMT800 1500, the brakes are perfect. The pedal feel of my truck has never been better, and while the LSMFG rear disc kit didn't make a huge braking performance upgrade, they do look bitchin' behind my wheels. As far as pictures go, It was a 3 man operation to get the brakes bled with the contraption I made (1 person to press the brakes, 1 holding the caliper bleeder valve at 12 o' clock, and 1 bleeding the caliper). Luckily I had my dad and brother to help. That being said, I didn't have a chance to take any pictures. I love looking at the rear axle and seeing the rear discs. Now, it's getting that damn parking brake cable attached to the calipers. But, I'm waiting on the extenders before that happens.

Northpole1

Reaction score
I literally just did this disc conversion from LSMFG on my 99 Yukon SLT. Everything fit great, no issues whatsoever.... Except my drivers side parking brake cable is too short. Passenger side is long enough.

I went the cut off of the backing plate method. Still have to bleed the brakes tomorrow along with master cylinder upgrade. I swapped out the front rotors yesterday.

I have attached a couple pics.... Very pleased with the results. I just have to figure out what to do about the short drivers side parking brake line now....

Any insight or suggestions would definitely be helpful and appreciated....

Next to last pic is from a few months ago....

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_195952483.jpg
    IMG_20220707_195952483.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20220201_131804895.jpg
    IMG_20220201_131804895.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20220707_172819625.jpg
    IMG_20220707_172819625.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 16