Lift, lower, or leave the same

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 1990 short bed sport 4wd 350 long tube headers cold air intake dual straights with silver line 4" tips 285/60/18 nexens mounted on 18 American racing torque thrust wheels. Should I lift it which wider wheels lower it or leave it the same any ideas are welcome
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I would level it out and toss on a set of tires with a beefy lookin sidewall. Either way i like the wheels.

Reaction score
I would level it out and toss on a set of tires with a beefy lookin sidewall. Either way i like the wheels.
With a leveling kit and the 18" rims what size tires should I be able to clear I want a wider tire thinking about bfg's or nitto terra grapplers

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Would like to have 305/75/18 bfg t/a mk2 m/t

You would probably end up having to trim a little but they would fit. Theyre 33.5 tall and almost 12.5 wide. If it were mine i would run a 285/65r18 tire. It measures out at about 32.5 and 11.5 wide. You wouldnt have to trim any with this size and it still gives it a beefier look. Thats just my preference and im not a big fan of the stuffed wheel well look.

Reaction score
You would probably end up having to trim a little but they would fit. Theyre 33.5 tall and almost 12.5 wide. If it were mine i would run a 285/65r18 tire. It measures out at about 32.5 and 11.5 wide. You wouldnt have to trim any with this size and it still gives it a beefier look. Thats just my preference and im not a big fan of the stuffed wheel well look.
So I think I am going to leave the truck the height it is and put a set of 285/60/18 nitto terra grapplers on it and possibly a set of 1.5-2" wheel spaces all around nothing crazy just enough to make the wheels even with the fender flares

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
So I think I am going to leave the truck the height it is and put a set of 285/60/18 nitto terra grapplers on it and possibly a set of 1.5-2" wheel spaces all around nothing crazy just enough to make the wheels even with the fender flares

Id go 1.5 front spacer and 2 rear. Itll look pretty sweet with the nittos and spacers imo