Lift kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Looking to lift my truck i was looking at the 2-3 inch lift from RCX but in one threads on here didnt advise it, so im looking at the 4 inch lift kit from RCX i kno 6 inch isnt much more but i do not want to go with 35 inch tires, how does 285/70/R17 tires look with the 4 inch kit? looking to go no bigger than the recommended tire size for the 4 inch lift whenever i get tires later on, but right now i want to keep the tires and wheels i have. Post a picture if anyone has the 4 inch lift, thanks for any info, Mike.

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_88-98_4.html

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
There's another thread on here that has a few pics of excatly what you are talking about. let me go dig it up real quick...
Here you go!
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?6844-Would-a-6-quot-RCX-and-33-quot-s-look-weird/page3
Personally I think it will look fine and a 4" lift with 305/75R16 tires will be what my truck ends up with eventually
Edit #2: Also, if you go with a Rough Country lift, just spend the extra few bucks to get the 6" kit if you decide to go bigger in the future. The only difference is that the 6" comes with an add-a-leaf for the rear. The amount of lift in front only depends on how much or little you crank it

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
2-3" lift is pointless... just go with a full drop kit.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for everyone who wants to start crap and bash here's a revised post...

SUUGGGEEESSSTTTIIIONNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can we get a sticky that tells ppl keys do nothing to obs trucks and these kits are keys, and that the rcx kits 4 and 6 are the same kit just 6 has add a leafs and 4 doesn't.?

Now for more in depth info on them they is no good one really. it's all torsion bar cranking, this causes bad ride, and front end wear that happens quickly. the more you crank the faster it happens. These kits include upper control arms to help the upper ball joint angle, and diff. drop for the cv angles but nothing for tie rods or lower ball joints.

Keys do nothing, stock keys get you to the bumpstops, if not the bars are sagging and NO keys help that, you MUST change the bars in this case.

rcx 4 and 6 inch kits are 5.5 diff. drop you decrank for 4 and crank for 6, the 6 has an add a leaf the 4 doesn't.

Last edited:

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
just an FYI, the 4 and 6" lifts from RCX are exactly the same on the front. it is a 5 1/4" drop that you crank up to 6" or down to 4". the extra $20 is for the add a leafs they include w the 6".

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow another one? can we get a huge sticky that ANY and ALL 4x4 guys MUST read before posting anything about lifts?

Have it say the 2-3 inch kits are cranked torsion bars, waste of money, can be done for free, ride rough either way and eat front end parts if cranked too much.

Then have it say the freakin 4 and 6 inch rcx kits ARE THE EXACT SAME KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 6 inch just has an add a leaf nothing more.

Calm down bud, before too long you will be like one of the jerks on fsc or gmfs that is like use the search function then hops the newbies's butts as soon as they ask something.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Calm down bud, before too long you will be like one of the jerks on fsc or gmfs that is like use the search function then hops the newbies's butts as soon as they ask something.

Agreed. This isn't FSC of GMFS, and these threads do not overcrowd this place.

ajbullins313

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On stock keys you can crank to this. Which is probs too far and I plan on getting a body lift so I can decrank some. Im on 285's and they rub a tad. After market key do nothing on these trucks.

attachment.php

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys just take it wrong.

I know how gmfs and FSC is why you think I rarely go there? They run me off with their BS.

It's just at least once a week we get a thread or asked on here what about the 3 inch kits, or what about keys, or what is different between the 4 inch and 6 inch kits.

Nobody searches, if they do it's rare, it just never seems they search if they did they'd know.

I'm not bashing or yelling I'd just like to see a post, big stocky on the 4 inch vs 6 inch and then keys on obs being worthless as well as the over priced 2-3 inch crank kits.

I can't stand to see somebody get suckered into wasting cash but I'm sick of typing it over and over on those kits and keys.