Lift Kit Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody_350

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm an average guy with the common tools, should I save myself the money and lift my Suburban myself? I'm only doing a 6" lift but what does it take in doing the lift? I have impact guns and cutting tools but if welding comes into play I can't do it because I don't have a welder. my father knows how to weld but doesn't have a welder either. I measured my stock suspension height from the middle of the outside of my axle to the top of my fender well, and then added 4" to the rear of it (guessing the lift clearance I'll be getting) and then I left the beginning of the tape in that spot and moved it at an angle towards the size and the measurements say I can clear 37's with about 2" of clearance on each side. does anybody run that set up or have any picture of what it looks like? I'm doing a 6" SuperLift with Bilstien Shocks and 37x13.5x20 Cooper STT Discoverer's wrapped around 20x12 Fuel MHT Hostage Wheels.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd go to superlifts site and view the install instructions and see if you think it's something you can tackle. You can definitely save a bunch by doing it yourself or if you just want it done with no headaches have a shop do it.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

Dandy Kiwi

Reaction score
I went to the 4 wheels parts shop a couple weeks ago to talk to them about a 6 inch lift. You do need to weld on a 6 inch lift. If you are not willing to weld then lift a 3 inch body lift and 2 inch suspension would be about as close as you can get.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
There isn't any on the Superlift kit, I have it, and aside from some cutting it's bolt on.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No welding needed on the rough country kit either minus rerouting the driver side exhaust pipe around the drive shaft. I installed my kit in my garage. Plan a few days for it but I don't think it's something you have to pay a ship to do if your somewhat mechanically inclined....

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I went to the 4 wheels parts shop a couple weeks ago to talk to them about a 6 inch lift. You do need to weld on a 6 inch lift. If you are not willing to weld then lift a 3 inch body lift and 2 inch suspension would be about as close as you can get.
They lied to you they just want your money