Leveling Kit - HELP upper control arm rests on frame.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mud96

Reaction score
I had a GM mechanic (friend) install a "Zone" leveling kit in my 96 Sierra Z71.
He only cranked it 2" and the upper control arm is resting on the upper frame stop for some reason?
It doesn't have an alignment yet but this doesn't seem right?
Any ideas?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
first off that leveling kit was unnecessary, you could have gotten to where you are with the stock keys and your gm mechanic friend should have known that. Also you are cranked too far you are resting on the droop stops.

TwoPedal98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To much crank on your T bars!
My truck was like that when I first bought it, looked good!.... rode like crap and had really bad angles on all the front end parts, not good!

Mud96

Reaction score
I bought the kit before talking to him so my mistake, needed the rear blocks anyways.
He said he only went 2" from stock but it looks like more to me. I will tell him to de crank an inch or so.
Thanks

Mud96

Reaction score
Looks like more than a 2" crank, probably close to 3" or 4"?
I will get him to turn it down an inch or two.

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That looks pretty cranked to me, but a picture of the front end angles would help a lot more.

~Via Mobile

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can decrank it with a jack and 18mm wrench if you got those around instead of taking it somewhere

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
first off that leveling kit was unnecessary, you could have gotten to where you are with the stock keys and your gm mechanic friend should have known that. Also you are cranked too far you are resting on the droop stops.

X2

Factory keys are able to max out the suspension. Cranking the bars to raise the front end is just like lifting the truck up with a jack. you're pushing the control arms down to raise the truck and it will hit the stops when cranked and in return will wear out the ball joints, tie rod ends, and wheel bearings faster...

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
That appears cranked to the moon!

Jack truck up, drop it down on jackstands so the front wheels hang in air, crawl under with your 18mm and ratchet/breaker bar, loosen bolts a couple rotations.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
That appears cranked to the moon!

Jack truck up, drop it down on jackstands so the front wheels hang in air, crawl under with your 18mm and ratchet/breaker bar, loosen bolts a couple rotations.

It actually not necessary to do the first 3 steps.