Let's talk headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Definetly not going tinted. I want my lights as bright as possible :evillol:

I think the style of light i have would look good on your truck, id post pics if i could get on my computer but they are on the thread of my truck

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
What is everyone buying to replace the parking lights, Mine are faded and yellowing, I currently have clear lenses in them trying to get them to match the headlights better but I'd like something clear but still matching the factory headlights. any ideas?

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
What is everyone buying to replace the parking lights, Mine are faded and yellowing, I currently have clear lenses in them trying to get them to match the headlights better but I'd like something clear but still matching the factory headlights. any ideas?

I got some black ones with clear lenses for less that $30 on Ebay. They dont really match my stock headlights but they look sweet. See my sig.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
My parking lights were beyond bad. Now that I have replacements, my headlights are looking worse to me. Danny, if you can get some pics up or a link to your thread I would appreciate it.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not spend the extra money on stuff that fits and will last? just because its new and clean for maybe a few months doesn't mean it is awesome.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
My parking lights were beyond bad. Now that I have replacements, my headlights are looking worse to me. Danny, if you can get some pics up or a link to your thread I would appreciate it.

Ill try to get some posted when i get off

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Check these headlight housings out Jeff, these are the set that I'm going with when ever I get around to ordering them! They have the glare cap on the low beams and a good chrome reflectors and there pretty reasonable in price too, $53 for the set! The ebay item number is: 300463633728

You must be registered for see images

These are what I have in my '97. Haven't gone to HID, yet, but I'm using the 'GE Nighthawks' 9oo5's & 6's. The +90% ones. With a 4-HI mod. Big improvement over stockers. Just got my new lower valance with the holes & the factory fog lights. I have a set of 130 watt bulbs for those. Probably still not as bright as HID's, but leaps & bounds over the factory set-up.
My next mod that I'm doing to the lights is to change the 9006's to 9004's. This way I'll have a true 4-HI. Still trying to get the 9004's to fit the housings, without falling out from road vibration, yet still be removable. I have a set of stock housings that I'm sacrificing to figure this out.
I had a set of black dual halo projectors in my '98. Tried several bulbs, from 4300k all the way up to 8500k. JUNK! Maybe it's just cause I'm getting older & the ole peepers just ain't what they used to be, but I found the light output from these to be downright dangerous when travelling at speed on secondary highways. Especially when going from hi to low beams, for approaching traffic. Had a couple of 'Depends' moments when dropping down to low beam on corners. "Where the hell did the road go?" After that, I changed them over to black single halo's that have a silver diamond cut reflector inside the halo portion. Not as good as the lights in my '97, even with the same type of bulbs, but a big improvement & a lot safer.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Sorry Jeff but my computers not workin at the moment so i cant upload pics of the headlights but i found the thread from when i got them on the top of page 8 in this section titled new light, the better pics are on page 2 of that thread

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
From when the front was still chrome
You must be registered for see images attach