Let's see those tinted windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
When people try making eye contact with me, I pick my nose or something while driving... unless it's an attractive female :p

green98

Reaction score
I have 20% over factory on rear windows, 20% on front sides, and 5% brow on windshield. Did the same on my dads truck. Waiting to get pulled over for the fronts.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking about trying one of these pre-cut ebay kits, probably will try to find one with 5% for the 3 back windows and 20% on the front 2.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As someone who did 5% on the rear cab window, I'd strongly recommend against it. Wish I had just gone with 20% like I did on the front. You literally cannot see to back up at night with 5%, and I have some pretty bright reverse lights. If you do it be prepared to roll your window down and stick your head out a lot.

What?

Reaction score
As someone who did 5% on the rear cab window, I'd strongly recommend against it. Wish I had just gone with 20% like I did on the front. You literally cannot see to back up at night with 5%, and I have some pretty bright reverse lights. If you do it be prepared to roll your window down and stick your head out a lot.

Personally, it would depends on the person's eyesight. Daytime and nighttime, double 3%, I'm pretty damn glad to have it even with the mirror-like effect. Otherwise, reputable tint company do have small samples to help determine the tint % for you to pick.

On side note, I drove vans, trucks with no windows to the side/rear as well as box trucks and dump trucks. I always park ready to leave, much easy and quicker backing it up and people around already aware as opposed to backing out when leaving. My lady hated the fact she couldn't use rear view mirror, so I trained her to drive with side mirrors, adjusting for blind spot and she got comfortable and did great. When driving other vehicles, rear view mirror became a bonus for her.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally, it would depends on the person's eyesight. Daytime and nighttime, double 3%, I'm pretty damn glad to have it even with the mirror-like effect. Otherwise, reputable tint company do have small samples to help determine the tint % for you to pick.

On side note, I drove vans, trucks with no windows to the side/rear as well as box trucks and dump trucks. I always park ready to leave, much easy and quicker backing it up and people around already aware as opposed to backing out when leaving. My lady hated the fact she couldn't use rear view mirror, so I trained her to drive with side mirrors, adjusting for blind spot and she got comfortable and did great. When driving other vehicles, rear view mirror became a bonus for her.

Oh I hear you 100% about driving with the side mirrors and parking to leave. I grew up driving trucks with over the rails tool boxes so I'm used to having very limited visibility in the rear. I just have to double check myself in my red truck, that thing is my baby. Double 3% though, wow. My eyesight is better than 20/20 and that would definitely bug me.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Personally, it would depends on the person's eyesight.

I'm with What? here. It really depends on the person. I have 2 layers of 5% on the back window of my truck. It's been that way since 1996. Sure, I have to use mirrors or look out the windows to back, but it's worth it. I have 5% on top of the factory 20% on all rear windows of my Suburban. That comes out to a cumulative 1%. My car has 5% on all rear windows, but I honestly wish I had them a little darker. The darker the better for me. I've never had any issues. But it definitely depends on the vision of the owner.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm with What? here. It really depends on the person. I have 2 layers of 5% on the back window of my truck. It's been that way since 1996. Sure, I have to use mirrors or look out the windows to back, but it's worth it. I have 5% on top of the factory 20% on all rear windows of my Suburban. That comes out to a cumulative 1%. My car has 5% on all rear windows, but I honestly wish I had them a little darker. The darker the better for me. I've never had any issues. But it definitely depends on the vision of the owner.

Personal preference as far as what's irritating to you vs someone else I can buy, but not so much the eyesight thing. My vision is about 20/10 with no problems and my 5% bugs me. To each their own, though.