Let's See If Any of You Can Make Sense of This....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Alright ya'll my rather long quest to improve upon my exhaust is nearly over. I think I found the muffler I want (14" magnaflow muffler), but I've got to figure out my inlets and outlets first.

Since I have a flowmaster catback, the logical thing to do would be to look at their specs for my catback. Their inlet spec was only 2 inches, which is clearly incorrect. I'm 99% sure (by eyeballing it) my inlet is 3 inches, but I'll see if any of you can try to make some sense at what they're saying here. All I know is a 2 inch inlet is clearly incorrect, and wouldn't even make sense.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the link if you want it: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?...del=454&submodel=440&engine=62&category=0&kw=

That system was stainless (409S), but I'm seeing a lot of tarnish marks on it, which I expected, but I'm also seeing what certainly appears to be rust... What's up with that?

ALSO, side question: do any of you know of higher flow catalytic converters being put on the non-California emissions trucks? My truck isn't California emission compliant and when the exhaust guy was looking at my exhaust, he said that they aren't done the same way as almost every other truck like mine. He thought that maybe since my truck was special ordered by the first owner, and was made here (not Mexico) and therefore didn't need to be California emission compliant, they put higher flow catalytic converters on. My truck was ordered with a towing package, which would be the only thing I could try to relate this to.... Anyways if any of ya'll know of a difference in the cats on california/non-california emission compliant trucks, let me know.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
The muffler in that kit says to be 3" inlet 2 2.5" outlets.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Could I ask where you found that though? I haven't been able to find any specs on the muffler, which has added to my confusion.