LEDs in switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dam i knew it couldnt be that easy to just install a led. lol. Got any pics of the retrofit process??

97Tahoe4wd

Reaction score
Just got this little gem figured out and plugged in.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got this little gem figured out and plugged in.

You must be registered for see images

I got some NEO4 and NEO3 bulbs for my door buttons. I read somewhere they had to be soldered. Idk how to solder so i asked a friend if he could and he just said show him what needs to be done and he can do it. SO the question is, what needs to soldered for the bulbs to work?

97Tahoe4wd

Reaction score
Door buttons do not need to be soldered for my truck, a 97 Tahoe. I did take apart the neo3's and neo4's so I could put them on the old twist locks (the new ones from SBL were too weak). I will solder the leads in the rear hatch button to make it more secure, and the old leads were soldered in before I removed the old bulb.

97Tahoe4wd

Reaction score
Here is a picture i took of the rear hatch switch so i could have a reference when i solder it. This is the part opened up, and you can see the LED leads are just wrapped around the leads on the switch. (Just an FYI, this picture was taken when the led was on backwards, i had to turn it 180 degrees and it worked.)

View media item 31076

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Door buttons do not need to be soldered for my truck, a 97 Tahoe. I did take apart the neo3's and neo4's so I could put them on the old twist locks (the new ones from SBL were too weak). I will solder the leads in the rear hatch button to make it more secure, and the old leads were soldered in before I removed the old bulb.

Dang, that kind of ****** me off, I put em in there's and they weren't bright at all and I was reading somewhere and someone said they had to be soldered, well thanks a ton for helping me out, do u have power mirrors? Not sure how to change out that one either

98silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still can't get my door button lights to work, is all u have to do is put it in and twist? I've done all the other ones in the truck but these won't work

97Tahoe4wd

Reaction score
Try rotating them 180 degrees, LEDs have a polarity to them. I also checked all mine with a 9volt battery and some wire. I do have power mirrors, but have not had luck getting those to work, that project might have to wait until I can order some more LEDs and try it again.