LED Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so i had a tinted license plate protector/cover on my truck a while ago and i had gotten stopped for speeding and the cop mentioned it was illegal to have anything covering the plate, so i offered to remove it onsite but he gave me the ok to get home and do it. I removed it, but now i am gonna reinstall it but get LED license plate lights, and figured why not get some led reverse bulbs too.

My question isn't what bulbs i need, 2 194s (license plate lights) and 2 3057 bulbs both being bulbs that slide into the bulb holder.

But my question is, will i need some sort of LED Flasher thing or do i not since they dont flash?

Or can i just get the bulbs plug em in and be good?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Should be good just to plug them in and go.

Sent from the big block!

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
every time i get pulled over for some BS they mention my lightly tinted cover... BUT every time they say its fine.... IMO its just a reason to pull you over. SO if your not doing anything wrong IMO i wouldnt remove it.lol mines still on there 5+years! besides speeding ive been luck enough to just get warnings for them ;)

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
every time i get pulled over for some BS they mention my lightly tinted cover... BUT every time they say its fine.... IMO its just a reason to pull you over. SO if your not doing anything wrong IMO i wouldnt remove it.lol mines still on there 5+years! besides speeding ive been luck enough to just get warnings for them ;)

well he didnt pull me over for that i was doing 80 in a 70 at night and was the only person around, he had just mentioned it but ill end up reinstalling it

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My LED reverse lights and LED plate lights work just fine. Only issue I've dealt with is, my circuit boards were cheap parts store boards, the light bases for the reverse bulbs didn't like to stay in place. Bought two new boards from gm, not a single problem since.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I have LEDs in my reverse lights as well as LED license plate lights and haven't had a problem.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have LEDs in my reverse lights as well as LED license plate lights and haven't had a problem.

Where did you get your leds? im thinking superbrightleds.com but im not sure which bulb i should go with (dont really wanna spend 20 bucks per reverse bulb!

My LED reverse lights and LED plate lights work just fine. Only issue I've dealt with is, my circuit boards were cheap parts store boards, the light bases for the reverse bulbs didn't like to stay in place. Bought two new boards from gm, not a single problem since.

I havent had any problems with my taillights at all havent had to replace boards or anything (knock on wood)