LED Headlight Bulb Kit Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cane

Reaction score
Any time you put an LED bulb into a reflector style housing meant for halogens, you will scatter the light instead of having a focused beam. Unless you change the housing to one meant for LED, LED's are actually a hindrance and will likely blind other drivers.
I had everything changed out the shop showed me the difference, they looked nice inside the shop but once it was dark and I actually used my lights I didn’t like it went back to hid

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Any time you put an LED bulb into a reflector style housing meant for halogens, you will scatter the light instead of having a focused beam. Unless you change the housing to one meant for LED, LED's are actually a hindrance and will likely blind other drivers.

as will a HID kit.......

a reflector housing is designed for a specific bulb, with the filament being a specific distance from the designed reflector.

that's why those LED units masquerading as bulbs and HID kits will NEVER get ECE/SAE/DOT certification.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
That complet combination, No. I'm sure it's great.

Edit: Just found some glass spyder they do look nice. I may just build up this combo.

I have a new harness on the way from gmachinz.

My Dad had HIR's. Those were nice.

I've had Phillips xtremevision in high and low but they were +100% if I remember right I don't think they were +130%
They were better than stock but in my experience seemed to fade relatively quickly.

All in the factory light housing.

None of them gave the option to go from 6000k to 3000K instantly if needed.

Are there better options? I hope so, while I can live with my experimental set up and it is better than most lights I've seen or had on these trucks it's definitely far from what I would truly be happy with.....it's also a 22 year old Chevy I'm happy anything electric on it usually works.

it's real long.....and sometimes WAY off topic.....but there's a LOT of good information in this thread.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/spyder-headlamps-my-take-on-em-and-lighting-in-general.36647/