LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
6chevy9 do you have a complete list of the bulbs you ordered for dash,doors and hvac controls??

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
6chevy9 do you have a complete list of the bulbs you ordered for dash,doors and hvac controls??

Yeah I wanna know which one and how many, that i exactly need. I still dont know what color I wanna go with. Thought maybe blue and mayeb white for the gauges or mix and match. My head unit lights up blue.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes i do, i would like to know what trucks they are for first to be sure you get the right stuff. but for my truck i got the WLED-x-x LED BULB 194 replacement with 90* viewing angle, 6 for the gauge cluster,2 for the four wheel drive shifter on the floor, 2 for the coutesy step lights that shine on the floor, and two more for the door panel lights. i wouldnt replace the main dome light with that style bulb though because it doesnt seem quite as bright but the ones down low all look good and all in blue.heres the link for those lights, click buy now and its the first style bulb at the top of the list you can select color and angle there, i did all 90* http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...on=DispPage&Page2Disp=/mini-wedge.html#Table1 for the hvac controller i got the 74-x WEDGE BASE LED BULB, 6 of these in blue. its the 5th selcetion from the link above listed as Instrument Panel and Gauge LED Wedge Base bulbs, click buy now and i used the first style on that list. this is also the same bulb as your turn signal, ses light, air bag, brights, brake, and abs bubls in your gauge cluster incase you wanted to change those out also. for the windows locks and mirrors i picked the NeoWedge series LED Lamp in blue as well from this link, http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...on=DispPage&Page2Disp=/instrument.html#Table1 click the buy now from the first option of lights on that list, and the second selection from the buy now list. i used 4, 4mm NEO4-xHP, and 4, 3mm NEO3-xHP bulbs. i havnt put those ones in yet but im told they will work. i was unsure of how many i needed so i chose 4 of each to be safe. i will know this weekend the exact amount. also i did not need any twist locks for my clusters, your trucks may need them but if its same year as mine i doubt it.

970tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let us see some pics of the door control install....when you do it

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty nice write-up.

I did this back in February of 2003 to the '99 Yukon I used to have with Escalade gauges. I used the blue WLED-x6 from SuperBrightLEDs. This was back before I had a camera capable of taking proper night shots.

You must be registered for see images attach

While I had my cluster out, I went and pulled the bulb for the DRL indicator to get rid of that stupid light on the dash.

I probably have a $250 list of LEDs I need to buy for my Suburban. I'm afraid to price it all out. lol But the gauges are the first priority with LEDs.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure i got 2 of one kind and 2 of the other kind for each door. so yeah i guess that meakes sence lol. not sure though yet because i havnt seen it with my own eyes to know. and as far as leds go i spent prob 142 roughly on everything i have done so far. that includes the orange parking light leds, which wont work without modding your truck. havnt looked into that yet though.

The Daver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
6chevy9 what year is yours? I will be doing a 96 Tahoe I dont see there being any difference??