LED confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The presence of the yellow play-doh dielectric grease is an OEM thing for sure. I don't know anybody that buys that crap intentionally. The dielectric commonly available to the rest of us regular folk tends to be nearly clear, and much more greasy vs. play-doh consistency. You can leave it be; it's not hurting anything.

Absolutely 100% agreed on the middle socket (brake/turn/tail) on the rear lamp boards needing the CK (also referred to as SRCK) LED's. As far as whether those will work in the other socket, don't know, I've never tried and would hate to risk it. I ran some of the very first available LED's for these trucks way back when they came out and the guy wasn't aware of the wiring difference on the middle socket and the first set he sent me nearly caught on fire. From that day on I was very careful to only use the ones that belong in each socket. :D

For the hyperflash, you can get an LED style turn signal flasher (works to cure hyperflash sometimes, not always); or you can install load resistors.. pretty much always works. Or, you can hack your existing flasher, free and easy, and works fine. For this info you could read this entire thread or just skip to page four and scroll down to post #37, mine.. https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-stop-led-fast-flash-info.5208/page-4

Richard

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried 4 LED parking lights and got the hyperflash, then tried two different LED flashers, neither worked so went back to 1157 amber. The one from NAPA cost $32. The one online about $10. Back to working good. I do have my travel trailer converted over to all LED, inside and out, flashers work just fine when hooked up.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I get a eBay number for the tail light bulbs or a link I'd like to see which ones you got they have a few different ones.

Banshman

Reaction score
Well after trying the new directional bulbs at night with lights on your can barely see the turn signal blinking (front amber and rear white). I'm trying to get refunds now for all of them . I'll leave the reverse light and top taillight in though. The headlights, 194 flat bulbs and all interior bulbs are good so far. Don't buy this style . Item 174231301321. They're only good for non blinking lights

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about trying these. I really want brighter brake lights.

You must be registered for see images attach

Banshman

Reaction score
I was watching some good YouTube videos of the taillight bulbs and what I found was sylvania is the way to go, check it out, good comparisons