How to stop LED Fast Flash info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, i did try the EP29, it fit but didnt work, just replaced it with the EP36 and i still have the quick flash problem any idea what it could be? Should i go ahead and splice in the diodes, and if i do will those need to come out if i go back to stock?

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Anybody with experience regarding could save me some time. '97 1500.
I replaced the front parking lights with LED bulbs and got turn indicator in the dash, (bulb out?) - standard corner lights went very dim. Driver side first, then the passenger sde followed suit a couple of days later. I didn't like the color of the new marker LEDs anyway so I switched them back to the incandescent bulbs while I shop for the desired hue. I had previously replaced my flasher relay with a Heavy Duty unit and also repaced both rear circuit boards long before I started messing with LEDs. The end of the story is, now that I am back to "stock" the turn signals do not function, but the hazards do. All bulbs are good. Any tips on where to look, because it would seem like the LEDs messed it up? There is a different relay or something? Thanks for any reply.
All bulbs function normally but I have no turn signal blink. No constant turn indicator in dash, but it works with the flashers on. The headlights (driving lights) are LED if that matters. They have been for a while now though - that's a different circuit anyway...
Maybe I should check the fuse or something... ah ha!

Last edited:

Allen_B

Reaction score
Old thread but hugely helpful.

Just bought a '98 Tahoe that someone had swapped the tail-lights out with LED versions. A few bucks at Advance Auto for the EP29 relay and the hyper-flashing is fixed...

Thanks!

/r

Allen

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I agree with Allen_B, super helpful thread!

I just got my new EP29 Led flasher relay (2 weeks early from Ebay) and I'm super happy and it works perfectly!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't scan all 4 pages, this hasn't been posted here yet?

You must be registered for see images attach

Do note this works on flashers even if they aren't the same part #; if they've got that IC in there just cut pin 7. If it doesn't work, well you were gonna go buy an LED flasher anyway right? :gr_grin:

Richard

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Didn't scan all 4 pages, this hasn't been posted here yet?

You must be registered for see images attach

Do note this works on flashers even if they aren't the same part #; if they've got that IC in there just cut pin 7. If it doesn't work, well you were gonna go buy an LED flasher anyway right? :gr_grin:

Richard

Did this to my truck, worked great. But saved what? 5 bucks?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did this to my truck, worked great. But saved what? 5 bucks?

They're about $8-$9 if you order online, $16 or more if you buy locally (don't forget tax).

You also saved a trip to the parts house, and got it done quicker than you could have bought one, or waited for one to ship.

And it worked. What's the problem? :)

Richard

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since this is a Sticky, I'll post here.

I just installed LEDs turn signal bulbs on the front of my 95 Silverado.
Four 194's and four 1157's.
I had the Hyperflash issue so I ordered 8 resisters.
I did try the different flasher (EP29) throughout the install and it didn't make a difference.

So, after I installed the 6 resisters in the front (black with white stripe and blue wires) everything worked well. Left turn, right turn and flashers.
When I turned on the headlights, the hyperflash returned when I activated the turn signals

So, I continued on with the rear LEDs thinking that may help for some odd reason.
I installed all 4 bulbs in the rear with 3157-R27-T-CK per SuperbrightLED's recommendation.
I installed 2 additional resisters on the turn lights (Green and black wires)

The right turn signal works correctly. The left has the hyperflashing. Both have the hyperflash when the lights are on.
The EP29 flasher has no affect and the EP36 flasher doesn't fit this truck.

Any help would be appreciated.