Leaking Coolant. Hose or Water Pump??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994GMCSierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, well first problem for my truck so far. Its leaking coolant when warm (100*) or hot after driving. I cannot seem to find the weep hole on the water pump, but i think it could possibly be the hose from the bottom of the radiator to the pump. At least thats what im thinking since i see it coming down the hose and dripping off the low point of the hose. Can anyone confirm this? I ran my fingers/hand inside the pulley of the water pump and its dry dry dry. Also the belt is completely dry as well. Any suggestions?? Thanks

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Check all of your fittings I just went the same thing. Also check your overflow fitting at the top. It gave me trouble

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Lower radiator hose clamp at the pump loose? Tighten it down a little and see if it stops leaking.
I would check all of the clamps after that.

The best way to check the cooling system for leaks is to use a pressure tester. It's a lot easier to use a pressure tester than trying to duplicate the problem.

Good luck!

1994GMCSierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah dont have access to pressure tester. I think im going to try and change then lower rad hose first. Hopefully its not the pump. ANyone know if these pumps go bad often? I checked the shaft play in mine and there is ZERO. What else could be leaking?

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd Get a mirror and a light and try to pinpoint the source. Also if you crawl under there look for dried white coolant trails and don't let gravity fool you, the leak might be higher up.