Last Post!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well folks,
For the most part it has been a real pleasure to hang out with y'all but I was accused this morning of phishing on the first ride thread. I spent the first 20yrs of my life screwing up and the last 40 striving to be an honorable man and I'll be damned if I'm gonna have some self righteous SOB accuse me of doing something dishonorable.

My best wishes to everyone,I'm outta here!!!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Wait, did that whole thread get deleted????

I cant find it anymore. I thought it was a fun honest thread ... on a car forum ... about cars! WTF!

Its not like you were asking for mothers maiden names or the street where you grew up on or something.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The reason the thread got shut down was because, it asked what was your first car. This is used may times, as a secret question, to reset passwords. It has nothing to do with the OP. It's just not a good idea to put secret question info out there. That, and that alone, is why the thread got shut down.

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even think about it like that. I certainly don't think the OP was malicious in asking it. But I can certainly see how the information in there could be used for things like identity theft by just some random visitor to this forum. I have seen that question "what was your first car?" on websites when you create an account for something.

That being said, I loved that thread.