L31 Extreme Budget Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
About to do a running valve adjustment on this.
185-195 psi in every hole, 5 of them are dead on 190 psi. Running valve adjustment might even them out even more. 1 & 8 are 195, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 are 190 psi. 6 is 185 psi. RH bank has a funny sound to the exhaust note, probably an exhaust rocker that is a bit too tight on #6.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I posted this on another thread, but just felt like adding it here so it is all together with this build. Hopefully it all shows up before I go out of town this weekend for all of next week and I can start mocking it all up into place. Building a dual 4" ram air/cold air intake off the core support to feed the old L31 the air it needs. A pair of large ~9" x 4.5" scoops mounted vertically on each side of the condenser should help ram air that hits the core support into the 4" ducts at highway speed. I have read a few reviews on the newer stuff as I found nothing on this part number review wise, that the air filter housing does not seal at the bottom but some aluminum faced high heat duct tape will easily fix that if it is true. I am glad I was able to find this filter assembly new though, since Spectre has discontinued it and the scoops on the newer setup are at a 120* angle and look like they would hit the accessories and oil fill tubes, where the 180* should clear fine.