Kodiak/topkick exterior handle rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
On the mold making check out company called Alumalite, I use them for casting resin but there's people who use it to repop automotive pieces either factory looking or custom pieces.

I looked at what they had, although I feel resin would not work well for door rods. Maybe aluminum might work but I'd be worried of it snapping.

Could always make a sand mold if you are super desperate and then pour molten metal to make some rods!

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I'd imagine it would be quite a bit, I'll send over an email and see what they say. Dorman never replied back to me either.

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
So I broke down a tracked down a full set of rods pawls and handles for 65$ shipped. Not to shabby. Instead of free handing them from photos like my prototypes, I can mold them and free hand bend them to the dimensions needed. They should show up some time next well after Christmas hopefully. Then I can get work... also, Found out that “music wire” is hardened steel like c100 hard...it’s no meant to be machined or tapped. I got my national guy hunting down some hardened aluminum rods for me. I figure aluminum will be better and last. I’ll keep you guys posted on the progress

Last edited:

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I am attempting to bend my own rods as well. I have a drivers side set, but need the passenger side. I will post any pics I have if I have any luck.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i was fortunate to get one complete set from a member here. purchased another complete set from two HD doors. think i have 100 in both sets. will be going on the crew cab soon. this and the other thread will help organize the pieces. thanks Z71Hobbs for the pics.