Kodiak front on pickup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone put a Kodiak/topkick front on a pickup? My fenders are toast and the hoods off those are cheap. I've thought about going that route and adding a body lift for larger tires to my 3500. I thought I had read something before on it, but can't find it in searches here or on google.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day... I've seen guys turn Kodiaks into pickups, but not the other way around.

chevylife

Reaction score
Do it!! I was thinking of the same thing and running some super single wheels.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Kodiaks much wider? I don't see too many around here, and when I do they are GMT800/ express van style.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The radiator support I don't think will fit on a regular truck chassis. They are way bigger then a factory radiator support. The truck cabs are the same width but the front end with the fenders are about as wide as a regular dually bed.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The radiator support I don't think will fit on a regular truck chassis. They are way bigger then a factory radiator support. The truck cabs are the same width but the front end with the fenders are about as wide as a regular dually bed.

This is what I was referring to. I think you would need a dually front suspension with normal back spaced wheels to make the width look correct.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Notice the standard GMT400 cab behind the different front end...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is what I was referring to. I think you would need a dually front suspension with normal back spaced wheels to make the width look correct.

Dually front end isn't wide enough. Consider this, a dually front end and wheels sit just fine under regular GMT400 fenders. The straight axle under a Kodiak/Topkick is considerably wider.

You could pull this off but it would take a lot to get it right and I think it would still look weird. Another issue is the huge front bumper that you simply wouldn't have any room for unless you had a lift kit, and even with that the bumper would be so low your lift would be useless...other than to allow you room for the bumper.

Richard

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dually front end isn't wide enough. Consider this, a dually front end and wheels sit just fine under regular GMT400 fenders. The straight axle under a Kodiak/Topkick is considerably wider.

You could pull this off but it would take a lot to get it right and I think it would still look weird. Another issue is the huge front bumper that you simply wouldn't have any room for unless you had a lift kit, and even with that the bumper would be so low your lift would be useless...other than to allow you room for the bumper.

Richard

I meant dually front hubs with srw type back spaced wheels. Sorry I reread what I said and saw the confusion. But I don'tthink even that width would be wide enough, and the scrub radius would be terrible.