Just Signed Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jules083

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! To answer questions, I'm in Avon Lake. Boxing the frame...there's a thought. Worth considering. I'm also thinking about a solid axle swap, either at the time of the frame swap or later down the road. I just don't want to raise the truck any higher, at least not by much.

Small world. I'm working at the Avon Lake power plant at the moment on an outage, got another week or two. Just joining the site myself.

Too bad I'm on night shift, I'd offer you a beer sometime. I'd like to trade knowledge sometime, I've done a few solid axle swaps and know my way around suspension design, but am new to GM and getting ready to tackle an intake gasket change on my 350.

AccelR8

Reaction score
Thanks. I still haven't decided on the SAS. It's something I've been interested in but I'm not planning any serious off-roading with this thing.

I had thought seriously about doing it a few years ago and I'm now glad i didn't start because my frame looks OK from the outside but the inside, where it's enclosed or boxed (form factory), the rails at the engine and forward, are rusted from the inside paper-thin. I would have spent the money and got all my parts and then found I had nothing to weld to!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

I have similar "pointless" ambitions including swapping a rust free body onto my pile. Sure I could buy another one but I already know almost everything about it and I've grown fond of it. I'll replace everything but the vin tag lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk