Jegs Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received my Jeg's brand headers and I'll have to say I'm impressed so far. My research pointed to Schoenfeld making these for Jeg's. I have always bought Hedmans since the early 80's but I think those days are over.
You must be registered for see images attach

The first thing I look for is how much weld bead is obstructing the port openings and have always had to do a little work with a die grinder to clean it up,not on these!

Another area that has always needed attention is the in the collectors where the primary's gather,again not on these!

The flanges are a full 3/8" thick vs the 5/16" on the Hedmans.

The adapters fit nicely but I will have to give them a few smacks with a dead blow to form them the collector balls or I'll be under there later to re-tighten the flange bolts.

That looks like high temp paint and they don't claim that it is just shipping paint in the description.
I like the laminated steel gaskets but I think those thin areas between the ports and bolt holes could be possible blow out spots. I'll run the tried and true Fel-Pro exhaust manifold gaskets.
The header bolts are a little on the short side so either I'll re-use the header bolts that are on my 355 or buy new ones.
The real proof will be when I go to bolt them on. I've heard of interference issues with the right rear UCA pivot but have also heard Hedman's have the same problem. Those folks may have had sagging motor mounts.

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I just received my Jeg's brand headers and I'll have to say I'm impressed so far. My research pointed to Schoenfeld making these for Jeg's. I have always bought Hedmans since the early 80's but I think those days are over.

The first thing I look for is how much weld bead is obstructing the port openings and have always had to do a little work with a die grinder to clean it up,not on these!

Another area that has always needed attention is the in the collectors where the primary's gather,again not on these!

The flanges are a full 3/8" thick vs the 5/16" on the Hedmans.

The adapters fit nicely but I will have to give them a few smacks with a dead blow to form them the collector balls or I'll be under there later to re-tighten the flange bolts.

That looks like high temp paint and they don't claim that it is just shipping paint in the description.
I like the laminated steel gaskets but I think those thin areas between the ports and bolt holes could be possible blow out spots. I'll run the tried and true Fel-Pro exhaust manifold gaskets.
The header bolts are a little on the short side so either I'll re-use the header bolts that are on my 355 or buy new ones.
The real proof will be when I go to bolt them on. I've heard of interference issues with the right rear UCA pivot but have also heard Hedman's have the same problem. Those folks may have had sagging motor mounts.
What are you installing these on? The 454 TBI?