I've always loved this truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it wouldn't be a stock 454, then again a 572 would work

I'll build 327 over a 454 anyday, way more practicality and the weight savings in a strip car = faster times and alot better weight-horsepower ratio. Although the 572 is an absolute monster, it's an aftermarket GM big block. And to be quite honest, why would you put a rather high HP motor in a truck that will never go over 50 mph? Big high power built motors belong in a vehicle which has the means to make the most out of it in my personal opinion. And with the right gearing in the trans and rear end, it will provide more then enought power with a mild 350 SBC. With that being said, as Bulldog said, a LS6 Chevelle is a beast, with more power then you would ever imagine even in OEM form.

To the original topic, deffinatly a bad ass looking truck Dirty! I think I seen a video of that truck a while back, at what looked to be a mini monster truck rally. Very cool man!

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just go youtube construction development ( i would but everytime i click on a video my internet quits working and i have to start over again) if i remember correclty that truck is putting out around 2000-2200 hp..... tell me that wouldnt be awesome in a truck like the one dirty posted? it would ride wheels like crazy and could go through just about everything

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I guess you've never been behind the wheel of an 1970 LS6 454 Chevelle with a 4 spd youd be impressed

I owned a 1970 Nova SS396/375hp. (RPO-L78) 4spd. They use the same carb., intake, heads, & camshaft as the LS6. The only diff. is the bore & stroke, which absorbs that cam. Whereas a LS6 will rumble and sound 'lump-lump-lumpity' at an idle, the 396 will 'crackle' & shake the whole vehicle. It sounds much nastier than the 454.
In '65, the only year that the Corvette came with a 396, (L78), that same motor as the Nova, part # for part #, was rated @ 425 hp! And THAT was probably under rated.
The best part? Damn near 500lbs. of torque. And that was made closer to the lower mid range of the rpm's.
And that is the exact reason to use a BBC. Especially in a 4X4. Gobs & gobs of USEABLE torque! 'Suck the skin off your face & your eyeballs to the back of your skull' torque!' At lower rpm.
A BBC in that truck would not be working as hard as SBC, especially in just getting those tires & wheels rollin'.
The downside? Thirsty & expensive!