Is this price reasonable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased a kit from DJM for a 3/4 drop using LCA in the front and hangers in the rear. I am newer to the area I live in and have only visited one shop, but for labor only they say $400 for install and $100 for alignment. $500 total. Does this seem reasonable? It is one of the bigger shops in town and they have great reviews and I've talked to people and heard nothing bad about them. I'm not doing it myself and I'm willing to pay someone to do it right, just making sure this is reasonable before I commit. The kit is being installed on a 95 rcsb. Thanks guys.

bewsii

Reaction score
Doesn't sound bad to me. My 97 is getting a 4/6 McGaughy's Spindle/Flip kit installed (with bed notch included) this week for $1000 which is more work than hangars.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I did my drop myself and i would say i did about $400 worth of work it felt like; took it to get aligned afterwards and they charged me right at $90.

Richard Jones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks guys. I actually talked to a smaller shop and was quoted $720. I'll definitely stick with the first one. Set my appointment for Wednesday next week.