Intteresting changes wth a single bushing replacemnt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Firm pedal wth a single bushing replacemnt

Since i'm working with my brake system to make it feel and crake rigth i'm trying to find as mich useful iformation as i can. I won't bother you with a long hisroty of how i found it out, so here is the thing.All of you know the basics. Brakes begin to stop the car after you push the pedal which inrease pressure in brake system by master cylinder's pistons.Which in it's turn mover by a vacuum or hydrolic pressure created by vacuum or hydro booster accordingly, We will talk about vaccum boosted systems. Booster creates preasure in itself for MC, but besides that it has one way vacuum line which goes directly into intake manifold where booster also provides pressure. It's so when the eingine is running. To keep brakes pressure after engine turned ofd, vacuum booster have 1 way valve callled brake pressure check valve.This valve mounts to booster through rubber grommet. Since i bought my truck, i never liked side to side free play of this valve. I knew that when i replace that bushing 15 year old bushing it will make some effect, but never thought about that impressive. The main issue - spongie pedal!Same as huge pedal travel. Now i don't need to press about a half of it's way to start breaking. No more lazy smooth breaking even if you hit pedal hard. Grommet p\n 5461808 (for 5.0 & 5.7, not sure about 4.3) costs about 5 bucks, Also you can diagnose your check valve, grommet iis part of the valve if you buy it also. Now i belive that stock brake system can brake.
Here is schema of what i'm talkin about (pos. №2)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: