Interior trim levels, how to tell and what got what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys I got a little puzzled after looking at my classicpartsofamerica catalog the other day. I don't think my truck (88 chevy k1500 rcsb) is silverado and was thinking it was base or whatever, but it had saddle or gold interior stock via the rpo sheet, and has since been changed or modified to be red, before I got it. I can tell some things have been painted, like door panels and kickpanels showing some saddle thru in spots, my best guess tey had a nice red carpet and bench seat and changed the rest? Anyways. I see that trucks with the wide trim below the window and the wide trim above it around the dome light, which mine has says silverado only in their catalog?

So what exactly or how can you tell what interior is what?

Here's some pics of mine in case you guys can tell what mine is... yea I'm turning it all black.

You must be registered for see images attach

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your truck looks like it was a base work truck or something but has power option. thats what it looks like to me, im learning more each day haha. my truck has every option but only half of it works lol

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The style door panel you have with the with the pull straps is upper level trim for that year, the base had the pulls molded into the armrest.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea they said on 67-72 that I had the silverado package, thing is it's not listed on my rpo, but power is and I know somebody change my interior because it was saddle and some pieces showed it when I got it, but were dyed red, and some stuff I beleive wasn't dyed like the seat and carpet and who knows what else. I think a PO got a red interior silverado and put stuff in mine. I got carpet all the way up the back wall and the wide plastic trim below the window and above, and headliner is missing LOL.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's a nice surprise to me I figured it was base model only stuff. I do need another arm rest though and dye the upperl sections black.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine has the outfitters pkg
guess it was something someone had done,
its real wood accents and the window switches are up top over the rear view mirror
i love it