Interior squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TopdaT

Reaction score
Anybody have some good info on how to stop the interior of my 2000 Tahoe Limited from squeaking?

ray_z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you be more specific? It literally could be anything. Seats, headliner, trim, door panels, etc...

Try to describe the location of the squeak. When does it occur? Does it squeak when you go over bumps? Do it squeak when you climb into the seat? Specifics will help others narrow down the issues.

TopdaT

Reaction score
Man I'm really trying to narrow it down to where it could be... Sometimes I think I hear it coming from behind me... Then other times I Think its coming from upfront in the dash maybe... Every time someone gets in my truck I tell them if they can pin point where its coming from ill give them 20 bucks.. They always seem to say its coming from upfront in the dash maybe... One other thing is when I tap the gas real quick it does it every time which has me wondering if it could be in the peddle or the cable..:banghead:

fuzzypuppy

Reaction score
I agree with the advice so far, I just had a comment that every late 70's & 80's GM work truck or van I ever saw had match books or folded up coffee cups shoved around the dash to stop all the squeaks n creaks, otherwise it'd drive ya nuts.