Interior Lights Stuck on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is on my 91 Silverado 2500, I'm getting it ready for winter, just got it a few weeks ago and hunting down all issues and solving them. First on the list is this, I don't see the dome light on, but that could easily be a bulb out, but the interior lights under the dash stay on 24/7, it doesn't have a battery as it's sitting parked right now, and I would rather not yank the fuse to solve the issue, as I would like some interior light, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i would check the door jam switches first one or both might be bad. if that doesn't work then it is a matter of hunting down wires and checking them.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
He is talking about the little pin looking things that when you close the door, they get pushed in. They should be sticking strait out of the left and right of the dash, and can go bad pretty easily.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, I'll take a look next time I'm out at my parents (hopefully putting the box on it), thanks for the help!