Interior light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my interior lights that turn on when the doors are opened are no longer working. I checked fuses and bulbs and all seems to be well. The 2 push button overhead lights work fine. Is there a switch that operates these lights? I was thinking possibly the push pin in between the dash and the door is connected to a switch but I really don't know. Any help is great thanks

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The push pin is the switch. They are cheap and easy enough to change out. Try wiggling them to see if the lights flicker.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nvm I figured it out, Michael Hurd was right, the dome override button was actually stuck in and took a few times of poking it to get it to release. May be the dumbest question I've had so far, easy fix though thanks

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 94 gmc and mine won't come on either, no over ride button I see. It's not that big I'd a deal, just annoying.

1994GMCSierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem, 1994 Regular cab. So the over ride is just the push in pin by the door pillar?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
My 94 is the same way, the driver's door switch won't turn the lights on unless you wiggle the switch pin. I know I need to replace the switch.

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wiggled both sides, drivers and passengers, nothing. Checked fuses and bulbs, all good. I guess switch could be completely out. Just find it odd both sides.

1994GMCSierra

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wiggled both sides, drivers and passengers, nothing. Checked fuses and bulbs, all good. I guess switch could be completely out. Just find it odd both sides.

mine is the same way, jiggled em pushed im you name it. How hard is it to change them out? Looks like i would have to take a lot of the dash apart.