Interest in auto down/up power windows??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmachinz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting together a custom harness integration build for you 88-95? guys who would like to add express down and/or up to your existing power windows. Cost will be in the neighborhood of $130-140 or so for both doors-should be available in a week or so...just tossing this out there since there currently isn't much offered. I already build a variety of kits for other applications so I thought I'd add the 88-up crowd to this option as well. Thoughts?

SC_Chevy

Reaction score
I'm getting together a custom harness integration build for you 88-95? guys who would like to add express down and/or up to your existing power windows. Cost will be in the neighborhood of $130-140 or so for both doors-should be available in a week or so...just tossing this out there since there currently isn't much offered. I already build a variety of kits for other applications so I thought I'd add the 88-up crowd to this option as well. Thoughts?

Believe it would be worth the cost if it actually works for a decent amount of time. How would you go about selling it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmachinz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gathering up some NOS truck switch assemblies and studying the factory diagram to make sure it will work-since the window motors are reverse polarity, my current auto down/up schematics should easily apply to the 88-trucks as well. I'll be making a mockup this weekend so I'll keep everyone posted. Not going to be plug n play I'm afraid but will be extremely easy to install nevertheless.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nah, we lazy people will just pay someone to install it. :lol:

Definitely a cool idea. I'm interested if you ever do a 95+ version. Always wondered why they will do auto down, but no auto up. And ONLY on the drivers window...

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Auto up is a safety thing something about getting fingers stuck or something. I just replaced the window regulator and motor in my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee with an aftermarket part. The motor is wired backwards so she now has auto up but not down. I am not taking it apart to switch the leads in the plug,she only uses it in the winter and the windows are usually up anyway.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Auto up is a safety thing something about getting fingers stuck or something

That makes sense.

@gmachinz, would it be possible to wire the harnesses up with just auto down instead of both?