Interest in auto down/up power windows??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmachinz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can do 96+ also....I'm just unsure of when GM went to a BCM for the window control-I'd need to look into that a bit.

TravisR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always wondered why they will do auto down, but no auto up. And ONLY on the drivers window...

I had a 2011 Camaro that had both auto up and down. It was annoying because you hit down and it just keeps going, so if you only want to crack the window a bit you have to hit up really quick. It would then "auto up" all the way. So getting a window barely cracked was often an ordeal.

Besides, it's nice to be able to set up a 70 Chevelle with auto up for example so that when you park, you can just get out, hit a keyfob to trigger your alarm and have the windows all go up automatically.

Now that would be awesome, auto up on keyfob lock/alarm arming.

gmachinz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 2011 Camaro that had both auto up and down. It was annoying because you hit down and it just keeps going, so if you only want to crack the window a bit you have to hit up really quick. It would then "auto up" all the way. So getting a window barely cracked was often an ordeal.

Now that would be awesome, auto up on keyfob lock/alarm arming.
That would be a pain....my express kits don't act like that-they can be stopped at any point-and, hitting the switch quickly won't trigger the auto feature-you kinda need to press/hold for a half second or so then it's off and running!

Breakdown

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there something Im missing here? My 95 came factory with automatic drivers side power windows.. I hit the button once and they go down unless I hit it again to stop it. Same thing with up... Ive pulled the door panels, theres nothing extra under the switch that isnt factory that Ive found.

timusry

Reaction score
I believe he is getting the kits setup for 89-94s and 95-98 passenger side.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there something Im missing here? My 95 came factory with automatic drivers side power windows.. I hit the button once and they go down unless I hit it again to stop it. Same thing with up... Ive pulled the door panels, theres nothing extra under the switch that isnt factory that Ive found.

Yeah, that's normal. The harness he's describing would add an auto-up feature as well, plus extending auto up and down features to all windows, not just the driver's side.

gmachinz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a set of 88-94(?) power window switches setup w/auto down/up and are on HD relay power. I have a set of the black rectangular swithes as well as the grey oval versions. The relays and modules must mount underneath the dash area near the kickpanel because heres simply no good place to mount them behind the door panels. You will need to remove your existing power window wiring and replace them with my kit-so this requires cutting/splicing just the window leads under the dash near each kick panel. The switches are used but are bench tested for use with this kit and are in great shape. I only have the 2 kits available at the moment. $225 per kit shipped is my asking price.