Intercoolers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Nearly every semi truck that has a turbo has an air to air inter cooler on it from the factory. Using and air to air inter cooler on a 142/144 is pretty much a waste of money. Yes you will get a denser incoming air charge but the 142/144 is going to heat the air when it pressurizes it

Kyle89

10-17-22 sober date
Reaction score
Nearly every semi truck that has a turbo has an air to air inter cooler on it from the factory. Using and air to air inter cooler on a 142/144 is pretty much a waste of money. Yes you will get a denser incoming air charge but the 142/144 is going to heat the air when it pressurizes it
So really the only way it would be worth it is a air to water under the charger .... it's going to be driven daily I wasent looking for more than 8 to 10 pounds of boost I just want that extra low end grunt in front of my nv4500 i mean my gm crate motor is begging for some kind of boost with 8:5.1 compression and only 10k miles lol i figured a 142 kit would be better for the low end since it is smaller it will build quicker...this truck ist getting a ls maybe my next one if this gets anything else it's going big block but doubtful that's the only reason I'm willing to spend the money with the small block. I'm going to build it to stay streetable but work also and maybe a little mud now and then

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 1.6L Toyota motor that I put a 1.4L roots blower on. It was a side mounted blower and, pullied down, made 14# of boost through a big old front mount with 2.5" piping. I doubt the little blower you're referencing would salvage much, if any boost after going through all of that piping. That and the plumbing would be cost ineffective.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Water meth injection. The liquid intercooler.
I agree. If the rotors don't mind it, spray pre blower.
-30* PEAK Windsheild washer fluid is what I ran for years.

Sent from my HiDiNg PlAcE

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez