intercooler ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just purchased a vortech v2sc kit for 99-06 4.8s-6.0s. Now i know it's meant for that truck year, but it's going in my 90 5.3 swap. The only issue in having is the intake tube that routes over the fan shroud doesn't fit. So the remedy is going to be routing instead of over the fan shroud, I'm going through the core support into an intercooler, and back through to where i currently have my air filter (basically the original passenger side battery location). Was just wondering if any of you forced induction guys had any recommendations for which front mount worked or fit the best. And if you've got any tips or pointers. Was wondering if I'll have to cut or modify the center support in front of the ac condensor. And suggestions or info is hugely appreciated!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My plan is electric fans mounted on the radiator, relocate the radiator closer to the engine, drop the condenser as low as possible and put the intercooler as high as possible between the radiator and the condenser.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the procharger original kit had the tubing running inside the left fender wheel well into the front to the intercooler then up to the intake

93 Jay 2wd

Reaction score
I'm dealing with same situation, I lowered my truck 3/6 kit and the procharger intercooler sits too low under neeth for me so I'm gna mount behind the grill, but gna have to remove the support brace