Installing new front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 94 sierra 1500 ecsb has had a twisted front bumper since I got it, I have a new bumper and 2 new centre mounts that I just picked up, how hard will it be to remove/install? I haven't looked at it with the bumper off yet but I'm worried about straightening the mounts and getting it level, it's my first stab at this really and I want to do it right

Sent from the Sierra Club

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is JUST the bumper that is twisted, it should be a straightforward unbolt/bolt job... If the frame is twisted as well, i'm not sure you can fix that easily in the driveway..

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks to be the bumper and the one corner mount I will have to investigate further, I guess I'll spend the afternoon pulling it off to get a better look

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
The middle bumper brackets mount directly to the frame horns. The side mounts attach to the ends of the radiator support. If either of those are bent, you might be able to hammer them back, just depends on how bad they are.

I found it was easier to remove the grille and lower filler piece, that way I could disconnect the bumper from the brackets, and then remove the brackets. Takes a bit longer, because you're removing more bolts, but it makes it much easier to get to the bracket bolts. Also, go easy on those, if they're seized up. The nuts are welded onto the brackets, but if they break loose, they're a pain to get out of there.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I never even put the corner mounts back on my trucks just have the center mounts

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The middle bumper brackets mount directly to the frame horns. The side mounts attach to the ends of the radiator support. If either of those are bent, you might be able to hammer them back, just depends on how bad they are.

I found it was easier to remove the grille and lower filler piece, that way I could disconnect the bumper from the brackets, and then remove the brackets. Takes a bit longer, because you're removing more bolts, but it makes it much easier to get to the bracket bolts. Also, go easy on those, if they're seized up. The nuts are welded onto the brackets, but if they break loose, they're a pain to get out of there.

Thanks for the advice! I'll remember that when I try to fix this, hopefully its smooth sailing

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Bumper is on there pretty good with just the two? If I hit a deer it won't cause the bumper to curl and destroy anything?

Without the end mounts you do lose support on the corners and can cause it to bend easier, I put mine back on

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Bumper is on there pretty good with just the two? If I hit a deer it won't cause the bumper to curl and destroy anything?

Yah its solid idk about hitting anything with it tho I dont plan in it

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk