Installing Heated Power Mirrors in a Completely Manual Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
So I just ordered some Escalade power/heated mirrors for my truck. Here's the problem, everything on my truck is manual. Manual door locks, mirrors, windows, etc.

Any one done this before or can point me in the right direction? Does my 97 have the harness already in place for this?

You must be registered for see images attach

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
The answer is no.

A friend's truck I worked on was a fully loaded 96 with the stainless camper mirrors - so he had all the power options. He converted to GMT800 towing mirrors. There is no wiring for the mirrors hidden if you didn't already have them. I ended up taking an entire harness from a tahoe and building a separate power mirror harness and integrating it into the factory wiring - not a simple task.

On my 88 I built a standalone harness that just runs off power and ground under the dash - again not simple but there wasn't much other option.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
The answer is no.

A friend's truck I worked on was a fully loaded 96 with the stainless camper mirrors - so he had all the power options. He converted to GMT800 towing mirrors. There is no wiring for the mirrors hidden if you didn't already have them. I ended up taking an entire harness from a tahoe and building a separate power mirror harness and integrating it into the factory wiring - not a simple task.

On my 88 I built a standalone harness that just runs off power and ground under the dash - again not simple but there wasn't much other option.

Thanks for the info. I was considering going the same route as you if the harness wasn't in place