installing box wheel wells?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAC_CFH

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all, its been a while since I have posted

my 96 is is some serious need of some body work.. and you know every other work you can think of. most of the body i can handle but im between a rock and a hard place with the box.

I am between building a flat deck for it or repairing the existing box. my question is has anyone replaced the wheel wells in the box. I have to keep a plastic bedliner in mine to keep the rocks from hitting my back window. looking at the factory wells the look almost like they have been siliconed in but im assuming the silicone is just covering the welds? has anyone changed these?

thanks.. this will likely be a build truck starting after this winter but am just trying to get things planned out with it now

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I had the same issue, I gave up and just replaced the whole bed with a southern one. It ran me $650 plus paint work. Going with a flat bed might be a bit cheaper, but probably not much.

DAC_CFH

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish i could find one for that price. Around here i would be no less then $1000 plus paint. I think ill just cut out the rust and use some body panle adhesive as they arent really structural. Fixing
the rest of the rust up on the box probably won't be so bad