Installing an LT1 in a 1997 K1500 SBSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
are you going with the 411 pcm? im pretty im going to when i switch the electric fans

absolutely . the '411 Is the only way that this conversion is possible. i will take it ta a dyno for fine tuning once it is running, rather than getting my own EFI Live

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
dont they have stand alone electric fan controls?

yes they do but TRUST ME here on this one, they are unreliable and junk. use a controller with function, much more reliable, and stable, and it will never fail due to a shorted probe wire.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
i think just for starters, im going to run mine off a toggle then figure out the 411 pcm, i love toggle switches, i removed the cd player and put one of those cubby holes there, nexts im going to cover it in aluminum and then carbon fiber sheet, then cut out a panel for my push button starter and few toggle switched

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
never got the blasted pig to idle, my Canadian tuner would not give me straight answer on what I needed for fuel Pressure, or any other details about the tune. so It was a bit of a headache. although with the pressure set at 80psi it was a beast when it came to pulling. I pulled 6k worth of hay and trailer home, had a rather large overpass that had to be crossed, hit it at 65mph, topped it at 62mph. heck man!! that was better than my 6.5td had EVER done with the same load. i was hopping to get it worked out, but the water pump failed first.

just a note, never and I mean, never send your ECU across the Canadian border, that gentleman cannot help you with much more than stock mods and if you do have more techie questions he'll get a bit short with you. for $500 shipped I needed more expertise from him than that, or I should have bought my own tuning software!!!!

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
i live like 3 minutes from a tuner who ive read about on LS1tech.com and some people say hes one of the best in the country so when i need something tunned im going to go to him for sure

Tinbender59

I AM JUST PLUM CRAZY
Reaction score
good news picked up the motor and manifold today, didn't have time to get pictures. just backed the trailer, motor and all, in the shop and headed out. pictures tomorow, plus I hope to start polishing parts soon.:smokin:

I kind of rulled out the use of an electric water pump, spent about 2 hrs reading horror stories about them, and yes equal amount of good, but I aint got the money to do this a third time, going to stay with the "new" manual water pump "that I already purchased"