installed H.I.D reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YOU know that kinda make sinse. i saw the guy get in his caddy and he put it in reverse they was bright real quick it's like the ballasts had some
type of current just to keep the power up less time.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YOU know that kinda make sinse. i saw the guy get in his caddy and he put it in reverse they was bright real quick it's like the ballasts had some
type of current just to keep the power up less time.

I don't think the capacitor would help with that... The capacitor is basically supposed to be a simple time delay circuit... You don't want your HIDs to flash everytime you pass reverse on the way to drive... That's not good on HIDs. I bet the caddy had some special quick start ballasts or something. I doubt you'll get that kinda performance from after market DDM stuff.

Chad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i might of fund a solution. i ordered a 12vdc delay realy from where i work. when it gets in and i put it in i will post it

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh I would have been using a relay from the beginning :p HID's are going to draw lots more power (especially on startup) than your normal reverse bulbs. Don't forget to upgrade the wiring too. That wire isn't the biggest thing ever lol

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well you should be using a relay because HID's draw lots of power on startup and probably more than the normal bulbs while running too. The relay it's self won't delay it any but you should delay it somehow. That could be a time delay circuit or a large enough capacitor or etc. The delay is just to keep the HIDs from flashing on when you move from park to drive and pass Reverse on the way. It's not good for HIDs to turn on and off lots of times like that... especially when they aren't on for long enough to warm up.

Chad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the time delay relay is a relay that has a knob on the top and you can set it to when you get power on the relay it will delay for how long you set it. and i will set it for a sec or two so the hids will not come on when i go through the gears. after that relay i will have a normal 40 amp relay on both sides for the hids to get the power they need.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how much is this and where do you buy it ? first time i'm hearing about this relay